Position Title: Wedding/Event Assistant
Type: Hourly Temp (non-exempt). As needed for events.
For weddings, at least 10 hours (8 hours on wedding day with dinner meal included, 2 hours for rehearsal).
Pay: Depend on wedding/event management experience. Range starting at $12/hour.
Job Summary: To provide excellent customer service to couples on their wedding day. Will assist Wedding Planner with duties such as event setup and breakdown. Will assist in executing a successful wedding/event.
Role and Responsibilities:
• (Wedding) Attend rehearsal and know the event venue (loading docks, restrooms, parking lots, etc.)
• Follow and execute wedding/event timeline.
• Assist with lining up bridal party for ceremony and reception.
• Setup of venue, including setting up tables, chairs, linens, centerpieces, table numbers.
• Breakdown of venue.
• Packing up clients’ décor, gifts, and personal belongings at the end of the night.
• Event decorating, including setting up escort cards/seating assignment, event signage, guestbook, pictures, lighting candles, favors, etc.
• Drop off items before event, such as Welcome Bags to hotels.
• Help coordinate with other wedding vendors like caterer, DJ/musicians, photographer and videographer.
• Assist Wedding/Event Planner and other duties as needed.
Requirements: High school diploma. At least 21 years old (due to exposure to alcohol). At least 2+ years of professional customer service experience. Must be able to stand for long periods of time (8-14 hours) and be able to lift heavy items (up to 25 lbs.). Punctuality and be able to follow a timeline. Reliable transportation. Working cell phone.
Brownie points: Previous wedding/event management experience. Take time to familiarize yourself with the event venue. A passion for weddings/events, customer-oriented, friendly, professional!
Work attire: All black attire and flat-heeled shoes. Professional and modest.
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com.